Vengence of the Left
Hmmm...yesterday I was quietly working on an assignment in the Honours room. Minding my own business, face in screen, typing away, headphones in ears, listening to George Gershwin.
A cohabitant of the Honours room...call him/her X., is also in the room also working. I am startled by a loud "Manny!". I look toward to person calling me. X proceeds to accuse me of dumping rubbish on X.'s desk. The conversation went something like this:
- X: "Manny, why do you keep dumping stuff on my desk!?"
- M: "What sort of stuff?
- X: "(Disposable) Coffee cup and chewing gum!"
- M: "Well, for the last the last two/three months, I haven't bought expresso coffee. I have been drinking instant". (Show X my glass and point toward the large jar of Moccona). "So the coffee cup wasn't me."
- X: "So how do you explain it when you are the ONLY one who drinks coffee and the ONLY one who chew gum?!"
- M: "Well, I just explained coffee to you...chewing gum...maybe it was me...how many wrappers?"
- X: "Three or four!"
- M: "Then that certainly wasn't me...sorry".
- X: (Repeats statement that I am the ONLY one who drinks coffee and ONLY one who chews gum)
- M: "Sorry X. wasn't me. You might want to ask other people."
- X: Walks off.
X. did not forward an apology for accusing me of something I didn't do...being rude and petulant. I went to class.
I returned from class to find X. using my textbooks. X. did not ask. The books are kept in an enclosed bookcase. As I walked in X says..."Sorry, just borrowed your textbook."
Manny says in his mind: "Thanks for the apology..."